Tundra Helicopters
Tundra Helicopters

About Our Company

Tundra was founded in 1973 by Barry Hewgo and Allen Engst in Ft. Smith N.W.T. in the land of tundra, hence our name Tundra Helicopters. In 1986 Tundra Helicopters Ltd. was purchased by Steve Harrison and a few employees, the base was then moved from Ft. Smith to Langley B.C.. From the base at Langley we covered all the West Coast of B.C. specializing Heli-logging. Tundra grew into an international company doing business in both Mexico and California and all across Canada with a fleet of 15 helicopters and one fixed wing support aircraft.

Steve Harrison started his helicopter career with Frontier Helicopters at Watson Lake in 1969 flying there until 1984. After many years of flying out of Langley it was time for Steve to go back to his roots, so in the spring of 2012 he moved back to Watson Lake and into his old Frontier base where he had started his career in 1969.

See our gallery - a picture is worth 1000 words!